Looking for the BEST Mobile Vascular Access & Team Support in Michigan? Call Now 810-202-1004
A midline catheter offers many of the same benefits, sometimes more, than the PICC line. A midline placed by Epicc Vascular Michigan allows patients to avoid the pain of multiple needle sticks for lab draws and injections. Midlines also allow patients to receive blood and other medications that a PIV or hep-lock will not.
Because midline insertions do not require an x-ray to confirm its placement, midlines save medical facilities money. SNFs, rehabilitation hospitals, and other facilities that generally do not have x-ray departments benefit greatly from a midline insertion for this reason. To find out more about midlines and how EPICC Michigan can help, call us today at 810-202-1004.
Reasons to Choose Epicc Michigan for Midline Insertions
Mid Line versus Picc Line, we will help you make this decision. Mid Lines are popular because they are available for use immediately after insertion and saves the cost of the x-ray.
Mid Lines are an acceptable alternative when long term antibiotics are of a shorter duration. Placement of the mid line uses the same type of aseptic techniques, nursing competency and picc line materials used for a standard picc line.
Midline catheters are used when patients do not have accessible peripheral veins or have a minimal number of adequate vessels available for administration of therapy for shorter duration (less than six months). If they are used for longer periods for IV antibiotics, for example, it is better to use a midline rather than repeatedly “sticking” patients.
The specially trained nurses here at EPICC Vascular Michigan can safely place most Midlines lines at the bedside of patients, avoiding the cost of surgery or a special procedures team. To find out more about Midlines lines and how EPICC can help, call us today at 810-202-1004.
Benefits of Using Epicc Michigan
- Improve Patient Safety and Patient Outcomes
- Increase vascular access device placement success rate of greater than 98% compared with staff nurses who only occasionally insert a PICC line 50-70% (Java 2004)
- Using highly specialized and trained nurses who work in the vascular access field everyday
- Increase patient satisfaction
- Eliminate the responsibility of staffing, providing benefits, sick calls, and maternity leaves
- Improve data collection on catheters to enhance staff education and awareness
- Provide patients with teaching/discharge instruction
- Supply materials (i.e. ultrasound, custom PICC tray, tip location system, & tip confirmation system) at a flat rate
- Free up Interventional Radiology (IR) suite for higher reimbursement cases
- Increase profits for radiologist and facility/cost-effective compared to in-house radiologist placed line
- Provide flexibility to the healthcare facility via tailor-made contracts
- Increase productivity and time management for your staff
“Real World” Nurse Education
At Epicc Vascular Michigan, our heart is for the patient. We provide hands-on education for nurses in IV Therapy and Vascular Access Device (VAD) care and maintenance. With that in mind, our goal is to help each patient with a vascular access device by training nurses in the correct care and maintenance of these devices. With this proper training, we can help our partner facilities decrease their Central Line Associated Bloodstream Infections (CLABSI) and other infections, due to poor care and maintenance of their patient’s lines.