Looking for the BEST Mobile Vascular Access & Team Support in Michigan? Call Now 810-202-1004
For some patients, PICC lines are the safest method to deliver infusion therapy. A PICC avoids the risk of invasive surgical procedures required when a patient needs a long-term central catheter. The benefits of a PICC will not be lost on patients as they decrease hospital stays and allow them to return to their normal lives fairly quickly. PICCs also avoid the injury and pain involved in repeated punctures with short peripheral catheters.
Reasons to Choose Epicc Michigan
PRODUCTS: We use high quality catheters. Picc lines vary in price from $60- $150, the more expensive ones are advanced to the point that clotting of lines is greatly reduced, this reduces cost and better for the patient, Epicc Vascular Michigan uses lines that are American made and more expensive.
NURSES: Our Vascular Access Specialists are here to consult with you, and help determine the best vascular access device for your patient. We assess each patients medical history, duration of IV therapy, and type of IV therapy, and consult with the ordering physician, in determining the best access device for each patient.
EDUCATION: We offer “Real World” hands-on IV Therapy & Vascular Access Device Care & Maintenance Education for your Staff. Epicc Vascular Michigan’s top notch education is guaranteed to empower your nurses, reduce patient complications (costs) and minimize the possibility of catheter related infections. (cost and patient care)
EXPERIENCE: The specially trained nurses here at EPICC Vascular Michigan can safely place most Vascular Access Devices at the bedside of patients, avoiding the cost of surgery or a special procedures team. To find out more about PICC lines and how EPICC can help, call us today at 810-202-1004.
Benefits of Using Epicc Michigan
- Improve Patient Safety and Patient Outcomes
- Increase vascular access device placement success rate of greater than 98% compared with staff nurses who only occasionally insert a PICC line 50-70% (Java 2004)
- Using highly specialized and trained nurses who work in the vascular access field everyday
- Increase patient satisfaction
- Eliminate the responsibility of staffing, providing benefits, sick calls, and maternity leaves
- Improve data collection on catheters to enhance staff education and awareness
- Provide patients with teaching/discharge instruction
- Supply materials (i.e. ultrasound, custom PICC tray, tip location system, & tip confirmation system) at a flat rate
- Free up Interventional Radiology (IR) suite for higher reimbursement cases
- Increase profits for radiologist and facility/cost-effective compared to in-house radiologist placed line
- Provide flexibility to the healthcare facility via tailor-made contracts
- Increase productivity and time management for your staff
“Real World” Nurse Education
At Epicc Vascular Michigan, our heart is for the patient. We provide hands-on education for nurses in IV Therapy and Vascular Access Device (VAD) care and maintenance. With that in mind, our goal is to help each patient with a vascular access device by training nurses in the correct care and maintenance of these devices. With this proper training, we can help our partner facilities decrease their Central Line Associated Bloodstream Infections (CLABSI) and other infections, due to poor care and maintenance of their patient’s lines.